Cheese burger, cheese burger – yes, you can enjoy cheese stuffed burgers and still watch your weight. It is more about what kind of cheese and burger that you choose that makes the difference. These burgers go a long way to making an American favorite and healthy dish the whole family can enjoy.
11/2 lb. ground round lean beef
2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Pepper to taste
4 oz part-skim Mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 pieces
Pam vegetable spray
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
2. Divide mixture into 12 thin patties.
3. Top 6 patties with cheese.
4. Top with remaining 6 patties and seal edges.
5. Coat rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
6. Place patties on rack and broil 51/2 inches from heat, 5 minutes on each side.
7. Serve with fresh salad.
Low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugar and low in calories, these burgers are packed with protein and nutrients. The tasty basil and garlic add fragrance as well as flavor that makes for a mouth-watering burger that is sure to please.