A healthy way to enjoy pizza. My kids love it when I make this recipe. It takes less than 30 minutes, and the boys are always willing to help. Of course, the turkey seems to disappear before it makes it to the pizza, but I always keep some back up in the fridge.
1 Store bought whole wheat package pizza dough
4 plum tomatoes sliced
4 ounces cooked turkey breast cut up
3 tbs. fresh basil
1 package fresh cut up mushrooms
1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Place whole wheat pizza on pan, and arrange tomatoes, mushrooms, and turkey on pizza.
4. Sprinkle with basil pepper and cheese.
5. Bake till hot and golden 15 to 18 minutes.
6. Cut and serve it while it’s hot!
Turkey is high in protein and low in saturated fat making it a great alternative to fatty pepperoni on your pizza pie. Use real tomatoes in place of sugar laden tomato sauce, for a healthy ration of antioxidants, fiber and potassium. Whole wheat pizza dough is a healthy choice for a meal that your family will rave about.