The key to a healthy diet that will keep you from counting calories is to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. That’s why this salad is an excellent choice for women who want to lose weight or just maintain the fabulous figure they always had. Great for lunch, dinner or snack, make it a head of time, and enjoy worry-free.
1/4 lb. carrots, green beans, snap peas and red onion
1 small bag baked red potatoes
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1. Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
2. Grill vegetables in oven until crisp.
3. Let cool.
4. Mix together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Serve over Romaine lettuce.
6. Option: add cherry tomatoes.
Low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugar and low in calories, potatoes are high in Vitamin C and B6. A good source of fiber, potatoes taste good and well as being relatively inexpensive and easy to make.