Love pizza but hate the fat and calories from traditional types? Try this absolutely delicious Veggie Pita Pizza and you can enjoy every slice, guilt free!
2 large whole wheat pitas, toasted
¼ cup of broccoli
¼ cup red, yellow, orange or green bell peppers
¼ cup pizza sauce
¼ cup low fat Mozzarella cheese
1. Toast pitas.
2. Divide pizza sauce between the two pitas.
3. Divide broccoli and bell peppers between the two pitas.
4. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Can substitute any of the following vegetables: Cauliflower, mushrooms, onion, garlic, eggplant and even carrots.
Low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in calories, these pita pizzas provide you with plenty of nutrients such as calcium, vitamins C, K, and A, potassium, chromium, and zinc. Full of antioxidants and the fiber aids in digestion.