A great Italian dish, my Grandmother used to make a variation of it, but I’ve made some changes to keep it healthy and reduce the calories.
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1 garlic glove, minced
1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
(4) 6 oz. lean veal chops
4 thin tomato slices
4 slices Fontina cheese
1. Add first 4 ingredients together.
2. Transfer basil mixture in small bowl.
3. Trim fat on chops and broil 5 minutes each side.
4. Spread 2 Tbsp basil mixture over each chop and broil an additional 5 minutes..
5. Top each chops with 1 slice of tomato and one slice of cheese.
A healthy source of protein and amino acids, veal is a delicious delicacy that is iron rich. Combined with tomatoes for their antioxidant benefits and pine nuts, high in protein and pinoleic acid, which stimulates hormones and helps curb your appetite. You can always sprinkle these on salads, too.