For a fast lunch when the girls are over, I like to serve them this heart-healthy sandwich with a tropical flair. Stack it up, decorate with a frilly pick and serve them on some colorful plates. The girls feel like they’re dining at the resort. No need to add mayo to these clubs, the avocado will take care of that.
1. 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, low sodium, toasted
2. (any whole grain bread is fine)
3. 2 oz. low sodium turkey
4. (I like to use real turkey breast that I cook at home. As a matter of fact, I cook a turkey breast every week, so I have it ready when I need it.)
5. 1 oz. low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
6. 3 slices fresh avocado
7. 2 Tbsp. low sodium salsa
8. 1 fresh chopped mango–divide between the sandwiches or cut extra as needed.
9. Add lettuce instead of chips for some extra crunch!
Low fat, low sodium, everything on these sandwiches is healthy. The turkey, avocado, and Monterey Jack cheese are all great sources of protein but contain very little saturated fat. Served on whole grain bread to boost the fiber level already provided by the fruit. All in all, it’s the perfect lunch.
Share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment!