When I’m feeling mighty hungry, I belly on up to the bar and enjoy me a Tall One. A tall turkey sandwich, that is. It’s a healthy version that tastes as good as it looks. It will give you that Cowgirl attitude to stay slim, long and lean.
2 slices Jenny-O Deli Turkey
1 Tbs. fat free plain yogurt
2 teaspoons horseradish mustard
2 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
4 leaves of lettuce
4 tomato slices
1 yellow sweet pepper sliced
1 slice red onion
1 bag fresh pea pods (in place of chips)
1. In a small bowl stir together yogurt and horseradish mustard.
2. Spread on toasted bread slices.
3. Layer lettuce, turkey, tomato, onion, pepper slices on top of bread.
4. Add pea pods and toasted bread slice.
Turkey is low in saturated fat and calories. It’s a great source of protein and makes a great sandwich. Spread with the fat-free yogurt in place of mayo and you’ll reap the health benefits of probiotics and prebiotics. The sweet pepper, tomato and onion add the antioxidants needed to fight free radicals and the pea pods are a nutritious treat that makes a great crunchy alternative to high fat potato chips.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli