Turkey kabobs are a favorite at my house. During the summer, it is not uncommon for me to find multiple friends staying for dinner or the entire night. I awake each morning and count the newest heads in the bunch. With three sons of my own plus their friends, I soon have a small army to feed. Kabobs are fast and easy and the clean up is a cinch.
1/2 cup apricot sugar free jelly
1 Tbsp honey
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1 clove minced garlic
1 lb. boneless turkey breast (or chicken) skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 medium green peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
8 large cherry tomatoes
8 medium size fresh mushrooms
1. Combine first 4 ingredients and marinate in refrigerator a couple of hours.
2. Thread turkey or chicken and vegetables on 8 10 inch skewers.
3. Combine apricot spread over the meat with a brush.
4. Use cooking spray and place kabobs on oven rack or grill.
5. Turning cook 15 to 20 minutes
6. Can add apricot spread again while cooking.
Turkey is a heart healthy choice for protein and it is very low in fat. Low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in calories, low in sugar, turkey tastes good just about anytime. It’s great as a main dish, on top of salads or as a sandwich.
Add some brown rice for a healthy complete balanced meal. High in protein and only 200 calories per serving.