There is a variety of ways to enjoy this breakfast favorite, including the versatility to make any meal a specialty. Great as a small pizza, an open faced sandwich, or as a side bread with your favorite dish. A fast, simple choice, the English muffin is a food-friendly foundation for any meal or snack.
Whole wheat toasted English muffin, 100 calories.
Several options with English muffins:
1. Peanut butter and banana, sprinkle with raisins.
2. 1 egg and a slice of low fat cheese.
3. Smear of low fat cream cheese and slice of nova lettuce and tomato (better than a bagel).
4. Tomato sauce, low fat cheese and fresh spinach.
5. Salsa with bean or humus spread.
Low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in calories and low in sodium when you add any of the above mentioned ingredients to the wonderfully versatile English Muffin. It remains a good source of fiber and a healthy carbohydrate. The chewy texture tends to satisfy the appetite quicker, meaning you will eat less and consume fewer calories and fat.