Get creative in the morning with a wholesome bowl of couscous made to your liking. I’ve included cranberries, apples and walnuts in this one, but you can substitute your favorite fruits and nuts.
Whole wheat couscous
6 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
2 tsp dried cranberries
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 1/4 cup whole wheat couscous.
2. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, until water is absorbed.
3. Fluff with fork.
4. Add 6 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt
5. Add 2 Tbsp of chopped walnuts
6. Add 2 tsp dried cranberries.
7. Add pinch of cinnamon
Brimming with antioxidants and whole wheat benefits. It’s heart healthy and low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugar and low in calories. The yogurt and walnuts add a healthy portion of protein making this variable cereal a figure friendly find.