Who says chicken salad has to be fattening? Chicken salad can be healthy, if you know how to prepare it without the added fat of mayonnaise. Simply follow the directions below for a tasty sweet and sour chicken that is sure to please.
1 rotisserie chicken (skinless white meat only) shred about 6 to 8 oz. and set aside
1/2 cup peach or apricot spreadable fruit
2 Tbs. cider vinegar
1 Tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
6 cups torn mixed greens
2 medium oranges sectioned
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cauliflower florets
1. For the dressing in a small saucepan stir together spreadable fruit, vinegar,
soy sauce, and ginger.
2. Cook and stir over low heat until bubbly, set aside.
3. In large bowl toss greens, chicken, orange sections, broccoli and cauliflower.
4. Divide greens onto 4 plates.
5. Drizzle with dressing.
6. I love to sprinkle it with toasted almonds, for that extra crunch.
Chicken is a great source of protein that is low in fat and high in nutrients. Both broccoli and cauliflower are high in Vitamin C and provide the needed fiber for a healthy digestive system. A great combination, this recipe promotes healthy eating without sacrificing flavor.