You can use store bought sweet and sour sauce or make your own, low calorie version. I’ve included my own favorite sweet and sour sauce recipe here, also. Spoon over rice and serve 6 to 8 hungry guests.
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 to 21/2 lb cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
2. On medium heat, sauté onions, green peppers, and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken and sweet-n-sour sauce, continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes.
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 low-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp frozen pineapple juice concentrate
2 Tbsp chopped pimiento
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ginger
1 Tbsp of stevia
Combine chicken broth and cornstarch in small pan and heat to boiling.
Stir until thickened.
Add remaining ingredients.
Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
Low in fat, sodium and cholesterol, chicken provides protein in a low calorie meal. Important for women’s fitness, because every meal should include a protein necessary for building muscles and providing that healthy glow to our skin, hair and nails.
Have you tried this recipe? Please tell us and our readers about it by leaving a comment.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli