A superb entree that I dedicate to my niece, this is her favorite. She’s into women’s fitness and loves working out at the gym but she is truly a meat and potatoes girl. This recipe makes 4 servings.
Vegetable cooking spray
4 beef eye round steaks (be sure to trim the excess fat)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup beef broth low sodium or brandy
14 oz container fat-free sour cream
Finely chopped chives for garnish
1. Spray skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat until hot.
2. Add steaks to skillet and cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, cook a little longer for well done.
3. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add brandy or beef broth to skillet and heat to boiling, scrape bottom of skillet to loosen cooked particles.
5. Continue boiling about 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to 2 tablespoons.
6. Reduce temperature to low and stir in sour cream, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Spoon sauce over steaks, sprinkle with chives.
8. Great with twice baked potatoes.
High in protein and low in fat. Protein at every meal is a must for those concerned with women’s fitness and health. Be sure to use the low-sodium beef broth or use brandy to keep sodium at lower levels. Cooking spray lubricates the pan but doesn’t add excess fat to your dish. Before adding additional salt, take at least 3 bites of your food to determine the need to add salt. This tiny bit of waiting time allows you to taste the flavor before salting. If you still need salt for your taste, add small sprinkles at a time.
Did you think you couldn’t have steak? Well you can! Share your thoughts in the comment space below: