Quick, easy and inexpensive to make, these black beans make a wholesome meal when served over rice. So high in protein, adding meat is purely optional.
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 Tbsp ground cumin
One 14 oz can black beans
2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
1. Add all ingredients to pot and stir together.
2. In separate pot, prepare rice.
3. Cook on medium low until hot and tasty.
4. Serve beans over rice.
High in fiber and protein, low in fat, sodium and sugar. Season as described above to keep sodium levels down. The beans are great because they help to satisfy your hunger without adding many calories. Remember beans, beans, good for the heart…if you are interested in women’s fitness, you’ll add them to your grocery cart.
Leave us your opinion of this recipe in the comment space below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli