This is an elegantly beautiful salad as well as being delicious and nutritious. I’ve had varieties of this dish at restaurants, but I like to serve it at home because it’s quick and easy and I have complete control over the ingredients and the serving size.
11/2 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt & pepper
1 bag cleaned spinach
(1) 15 oz. can of cannellini beans
1. In skillet saute garlic and oil.
2. Add shrimp and cook till pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add drained beans.
4. Add pinch of salt & pepper.
5. Serve over fresh spinach.
6. Squeeze lemon and use for wedges.
Cannellini beans are a good source of cholesterol lowering fiber, while spinach is packed with iron to build strength. This dish is low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugar and low in calories. It is an excellent salad for those watching their waistline.