Seafood is great anytime and shrimp is one of my family’s favorites. Serve this cocktail with homemade zesty sauce for a low calorie entree that’s sure to please.
3/4 cup low-sodium catsup
2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 finely chopped celery
1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
1 Tbsp minced parsley
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Dash red pepper sauce
1. Combine all ingredients and chill.
2. Steam or boil 1 lb frozen or fresh shrimp or use ready to eat shrimp from your grocer’s freezer.
3. Drizzle with lemon juice.
4. Lay 4 to 6 shrimp on individual lettuce leaves for each serving.
5. Spoon Zesty Sauce onto lettuce leaf, or serve it in individual ramekins for each of your guests.
A great source of protein, shrimp is low in fat and a wonderful choice for those concerned with women’s fitness. The flavorful herbs aid digestion and make this meal exceptional.
Share your favorite seafood recipe in the comment space below: