Two of my favorite super foods, shrimp and asparagus are delicious served over pasta. This dish is easy and quick to make. You’ll cook everything in one skillet so you will save on clean-up time as well.
1 lb asparagus
2 lb fresh peeled and deveined shrimp
1 tsp margarine
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced green onion
1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tsp dried thyme
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut, clean asparagus.
2. Cook choice of pasta.
3. Cook shrimp 3 to 5 minutes and set aside
4. Coat large skillet with cooking spray.
5. Add margarine cooking just until it melts.
6. Add vegetables to margarine and saute.
7. Add all ingredients and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Stir in shrimp until all heated.
9. Serve over cooked pasta.
Low in saturated fat and low in calories. Shrimp is high in selenium, potassium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B 12, and iron. It’s also high Omega-3 fatty acids, essential for good health. Asparagus is high in Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, folate, dietary fiber and it’s also a good source of iron.