A great meatless dish, this meal is satisfying and delicious. If you would rather have meat, you can substitute the beans for chicken. Cooks up quickly and the leftovers can be enjoyed for lunch, later in the week. This dish makes 6 servings.
16 oz pkg. Pasta Sea Shells
4 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 Tbsp dried rosemary
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup white wine (optional)
1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 (15 oz) can of your favorite beans, drained. My favorite is cannellini beans.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli at the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
2. Drain, cover and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in large skillet, add garlic, basil, rosemary and sun dried tomatoes.
4. Cook 1 minute.
5. Add wine and reduce to half.
6. Add broth.
7. Toss in beans and stir.
8. Add broccoli and pasta, stirring until heated through.
9. Add cheese.
A great source of protein and fiber, beans add bulk with very few calories. Low in fat, cholesterol, sodium and sugar. The sun dried tomatoes are full of antioxidants that protect your cells, skin and nails, all important to women’s fitness and self esteem.
Isn’t this a fabulous recipe? Start a discussion by adding a comment below: