Ladies, here is a great way to eat Asian foods without leaving your home. This healthy dish is easy and quick to prepare for any day of the week. Add chicken or shrimp for a complete meal that will compliment your fitness program and is truly delicious.
8 oz asparagus, cut-up
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
1 (14 oz) jar sweet and sour sauce, low sodium
1 large tomato, chopped
1 pkg. Chinese egg noodles
1. Spray pan, wok or skillet and heat over medium.
2. Stir fry asparagus for 4 minutes.
3. Add red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in beans and sauce into skillet.
5. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Stir in tomato pieces.
7. Serve over noodles.
An excellent source of fiber and protein, black beans are inexpensive and easy to find in just about any grocery store. Asparagus is an alkaline food which is rich in protein but low in calories and carbohydrates. It is an excellent source of potassium, folic acid, vitamins A, C and K, and traces of vitamin B complex. Another good source of dietary fiber, asparagus is also rich in niacin, phosphorus and very low sodium. A must for any women’s fitness diet, asparagus is one of those few vegetables that actually has the calcium and magnesium in the ideal ratio of 2:1, to keep bones strong.
Give us your opnion in the comment space below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli