My husband and I enjoyed this at a restaurant in South Florida and I mimicked the recipe until it tasted just right. I love to imitate our favorite dishes and add my own twist to each one. That way I can be mindful of the ingredients that are being used and I can assure that the meal doesn’t contain a frightening amount of hidden fat, salt or calories. Serve this with wild rice, cous cous, pasta, potatoes, carrots or greens.
2 Tbsp of low sodium
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp honey
1 tsp ginger
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp reduced calorie margarine
3 Tbsp green onions
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in small bowl, stir well, set aside.
2. Brush both sides of each fillet w/lime juice and sprinkle with sesame seeds..
3. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, add margarine.
4. Heat over medium heat.
5. Add fillets and cook 3 to 4 minutes each side.
6. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture and add green onions on top.
Orange roughy is high in Omega 3’s that are essential to a healthy heart. Low fat, low in sodium, low in cholesterol, low in sugar and calories, orange roughy is a delicious source of protein that adds versatility to your diet.