In addition to the enormous benefits for the heart and its cancer fighting capabilities, scallops have also been hailed as a mood enhancer. Long known for its ability to reduce inflammation, these anti-inflammatory benefits work to diminish depression as well. So slip into something sexy tonight and enjoy all the sizzle of these saucy sexy sea scallops.
1 ½ pounds of sea scallops
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
6 large shallots, chopped
4 Tbsp. fresh basil
4 cups of spinach
2/3 cup white wine
½ cup plain low fat yogurt
4 Tbsp. of pine nuts
1. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
2. Saute in medium skillet with teaspoon sesame oil for about 6 minutes, remove scallops from oil.
3. Add half of the shallots and basil.
4. Add half of the spinach.
5. Toss together.
6. Add remaining spinach and toss until wilted.
7. Divide on plates.
8. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. sesame oil to skillet.
9. Saute other half of shallots and basil.
10. Add wine and yogurt, boil until thick.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
12. Return scallops to skillet.
13. Simmer for 1 minute.
14. Arrange scallops with sauce on top of spinach, sprinkle with pine nuts.
Health Benefits: Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, sea scallops provide vitamins C and E. And you don’t have to be Popeye to enjoy the benefits from spinach. Bountiful amounts of vitamin A and K, manganese, folate and iron, along with ample amounts of potassium, fiber and calcium make spinach, calorie for calorie, a nutritional vegetable of choice.
Start a discussion by posting your opinion in the comment space below: