Roy is a body builder who I met years ago. He’s moved away, but he left behind some pretty good recipes. He believed in getting his fair share of protein and he had the body to prove it. A nice guy, he didn’t mind helping other people, interested in taking fitness to the next level. This hearty sandwich recipe will serve 4.
8 dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
1 1/2 cup packed shredded cabbage with carrot(coleslaw mix)
3 Tbs. fat-free mayo dressing or salad dressing
1 teaspoon horseradish mustard
6 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
( I love them toasted)
1. In a small bowl cover tomatoes with boiling water, let stand about 10 min or until softened.
2. Drain tomatoes and cut into small strips, toss tomato strips with shredded cabbage and carrot mixture.
3. Combine mayo fat-free dressing or fat-free salad dressing, horseradish mustard.
4. Add to cabbage – tomato mixture toss to coat
5. To fix sandwiches divide roast beef and cabbage mixture and stuff into toasted pita bread pockets cut into halves.
High in protein, roast beef is low in saturated fat and a good choice to have once in a while. Tomatoes provide Vitamin C, potassium, fiber and antioxidants. Carrots and cabbage are both wonderful sources of Beta Carotene and Vitamin K.