Great accompaniment to the Roasted Chicken main dish. Roasted veggies are a great alternative to fried foods but still have that same great taste.
1 large onion, sliced or cubed
2 large baking potatoes, cubed
1 pkg. baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper for flavor
Red or green peppers (optional)
1. Rub veggies with olive oil.
2. Salt and pepper minimally for taste.
3. Place vegetables in a roasting pan, you may need to spray it lightly with PAM.
4. Roast in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes.
5. Test for doneness by pricking potatoes with fork, if it goes in easily, veggies should be ready.
6. Serve with roasted chicken, steak or pork chops.
Nutrient dense, meaning you get a packed house of nutrients for the amount of calories that carrots, red peppers and potatoes have. The great thing about a potato is that it has both soluble and insoluble fiber. It helps to lower cholesterol and aid digestion. Eating foods like these are a great way to ensure women’s fitness and health.
See how vegetables can be so tasty? Give us your opinion of this recipe in the comment space below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli