This reminds me of Sunday dinners at Grandma’s house. No matter what we were having, seemed like there was always a roasted chicken on the table. Not only is it a nourishing main dish, it’s great for making sandwiches the next day and when it’s down to the bone, toss in a pot, add some veggies and rice and enjoy the comfort of homemade chicken soup.
1 whole chicken
1 clove garlic, grated
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
1 Tbsp sage
2 Tbsp rosemary
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper for flavor
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a roasting pan with rack to keep chicken from sitting in its own juices.
3. Remove any internal organs, like heart, kidney, liver.
4. Wash chicken and pat dry.
5. Rub entire chicken with olive oil and garlic, be sure to rub inside of cavity.
6. Season completely with sage, rosemary and thyme.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Place on roasting rack and cook for 45 to 55 minutes.
High in protein but low in fat, sodium and sugar. An excellent source of niacin and Vitamin B6. Chicken also includes selenium, which is fundamental to women’s fitness and health and is an essential component to your metabolism. Using herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme add health benefits too, containing antioxidants that help to repair cell damage and aid in digestion, as well as helping your body to fight off diseases. When it comes to women’s fitness, your body needs to be at the top of its game, don’t scrimp on your nutrition.
Another excellent chicken recipe! Share your opinion in the comment space below: