This is a family favorite that I lovingly named after my son, Ricky. It could be called Sneaky Tiki dressing because of the clever substitution of yogurt in place of sour cream. The pineapple and vanilla yogurt make it nice and sweet, or if you prefer a less sweetened version, opt for plain yogurt instead of vanilla flavored.
½ cup low fat plain or vanilla yogurt
½ pineapple, cut-up
2 Tbsp non-fat mayo
½ tsp nutmeg
1. In a glass bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Whip with a whisk until soft consistency.
3. Pour into dish and apply to food with ladle or
4. Pour into squeeze bottle or salad dressing dispenser.
5. Chill for at least an hour.
6. Pour over green leafy salads, baked potato, ginger rice, raw or sautéed veggies.
Low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in calories and low in sodium, this dip is nutrient rich and tasty. Pineapple is high in Vitamin C, B1, manganese, fiber and contains bromelain, believed to provide anti-inflammatory properties and promote healthy digestion. Yogurt provides healthy bacteria that keep your digestive system healthy. Nutmeg is excellent for destroying unhealthy bacteria in the mouth, primarily the cause of decay and gum disease. A natural relaxant, nutmeg provides heart benefits, helps to alleviate stomach ailments and has been shown to inhibit an enzyme in the brain that contributes to Alzheimer’s Disease.