This tasty treat can be enjoyed in the evenings with just the family or you can make a bigger batch and serve it when guests come over. It’s easily portable if you need to take it to office parties or even tailgating.
1 large garlic bulb
PAM Olive Oil cooking spray
1 pkg. 8 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
2 oz goat cheese
1/2 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp milk, 1% 2%, or fat-free
Minced parsley as garnish
Pepper to taste
1 loaf of crunchy hot out of the oven, sourdough bread, cut up into pieces.
1. Cut off top of garlic bulb to expose cloves.
2. Spray garlic lightly with cooking spray and wrap in aluminum foil.
3. Bake at 400 degrees until tender, about 40 minutes.
4. Cool, gently remove from skins.
5. Mash cloves with fork and set aside.
6. In separate bowl, mix cheeses, garlic and pepper, stirring in milk carefully to make desired consistency.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours or longer, so that flavors can marinate.
8. Spoon over hot bread and sprinkle with parsley.
9. You can substitute pita chips or veggies if you don’t have fresh baked or warm bread.
Low in fat, sodium and cholesterol. Healthy spreads are all the rage when you are looking for a savory snack that fits within your women’s fitness program. Look for my other healthy spreads and dips throughout my recipes. My family loves to eat, so I am always searching for low fat alternatives.
Doesn’t this recipe sound great? Leave your opinion in the comment space below: