Potato salad is a great dish to share with others at a picnic, family reunion or office party. This version celebrates the great taste of the red potato and plunges it into this All-American side dish. Great with hamburgers, turkey burgers or barbeque chicken, my potato salad is sure to please everyone at the table.
10 ounces of round red potatoes
1/4 cup chopped celery
(1) 2 oz. jar of drained pimiento
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup non-fat sour cream
11/2 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
1. Wash potatoes and cook in boiling water 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and cool then cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3. Combine potatoes, celery, parsley and pimiento.
4. Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and stir well.
5. Add to potatoes, tossing gently to coat.
6. Cover and chill.
Potatoes are a great source of Vitamin C, B6, copper and fiber. Potatoes are low in sodium, low in calories, low in cholesterol, low in fat and contain antioxidants that help to fight cancer causing free radicals.
~ Karen Ficarelli