When you don’t have much time, but still want to serve your family a nutritious and delicious meal, toss this together and relax and enjoy.
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 carrots, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup shelled frozen peas
12 oz cooked shrimp
2 cups brown rice
1. Heat oil in pan or wok.
2. Add garlic, carrots, onions, mushrooms.
3. Sauté 5 minutes.
4. Stir in chicken broth and soy sauce.
5. Bring to simmer and add shrimp and peas.
6. Cook 5 minutes and stir.
7. Add 1 tsp cornstarch to thicken sauce if desired.
8. Serve over cooked rice.
Low in fat and sodium, shrimp is a great source of protein. The garlic, carrots, onions and mushrooms add antioxidants and nutrients that are easily digestible and add the much needed fiber for a diet aimed at benefitting women’s fitness and health.
Have another awesome seafood recipe? Please share it with us and our readers in the comment space below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli