“Oh Mama, make some more!” That’s what my boys say when I prepare this Ficarelli family favorite. It’s all the good stuff you love about lasagna but it’s made with potatoes instead of meat. The veggies add some extra texture and it makes a beautiful casserole to prepare for guests.
(1) 10 oz. package frozen chopped broccoli
(1) 15 oz. fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup zucchini
1/2 cup green onion
Pepper to taste
5 large red potatoes, thinly sliced
2 cups low-fat Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
1. Combine broccoli cheese, carrot, zucchini, and onion in medium bowl and stir well.
2. Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Place one third potato slices on bottom of dish.
4. Spread half of the broccoli mixture, sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese.
5. Repeat layers.
6. Top with remaining potato slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. Serve with chicken, your choice of protein or as a meal.
Low in saturated fat, low in sodium, low in cholesterol, low in sugar and low in calories, this delicious dish is a heart healthy way to enjoy an Italian favorite. Full of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants.