I got this recipe from a family gathering a few years ago. I’ve made a few changes to it and it tastes oh so delicious. I wanted to share it with all of you because it’s not only tasty—it’s nutritious too.
1 (4 lb.) lean boneless rump roast
1 tsp. dried whole rosemary, crushed
1/2 tsp garlic powder, cooking spray “Pam”
1 small onion, cut up
1 tsp low sodium beef bouillon granules
1 cup hot water
4 large baking sweet potatoes
1. Trim fat from roast.
2. Clean sweet potatoes with water.
3. Bake at 350 degree 1 hour.
4. In a roasting pan combine roast, rub rosemary, garlic powder, rub on entire surface.
5. Coat with Pam.
6. Add roast, place onion slices on roast.
7. Combine bouillon granules and water, pour over roast.
8. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2-1/2 hours or until tender.
9. Serve with yummy applesauce. Perfect combination.
Lean beef contains a healthy percentage of protein per serving. A great way to add that all so important iron to your body, lean beef is relatively low in calories, especially when it is served in its own juices and not covered in thick gravies. Rosemary is a natural anti-inflammatory that stimulates the immune system and aids in digestion. Sweet potatoes are full of beta carotene and a flavorful source of fiber. This meal is low fat, low in cholesterol and low in sodium.