New diets, old diets or diets in between, anyone courageous enough to commit to a diet program is entitled to a little help now and then. That’s why positive affirmations are so beneficial when you are trying to reach your goal. And you know how I feel about that…the goal to improve your body is as important as any goal on this planet.
- I eat healthy foods.
- I only eat when I am hungry.
- I enjoy eating my meals.
- I taste every morsel and savor the delicious flavors.
- I stop eating before I am full.
- I wait for 10 minutes before going back for seconds.
- I enjoy sitting down with others to eat.
- I make each meal a celebration of food.
- I eat to live, not live to eat.
- My next meal is only a couple of hours away.
- My goal weight is_____. (fill in your goal weight)
- I am losing weight every week.
- When I lose ten pounds I will buy a new_______. (fill in with your choice)
- I drink eight to ten glasses of water every day.
- I eat five small meals instead of three large meals every day.
- I have very few cravings because I eat every two to three hours.
- I eat fruit when I want something sweet.
- Vegetables taste really good.
- I wait until I have tasted my food with three bites before adding extra salt.
- I am aware of my food weaknesses.
- My clothes fit better because I watch what I eat.
- My goal to lose weight is more important than my food craving.
- I will look wonderful in my swimsuit.
- I aim for five to seven servings of fruits and veggies every day.
- I eat protein at every meal.
- I get calcium every day from low fat sources.
- I eat foods that give my body energy.
- I eat foods that make me pretty.
- I avoid fried foods.
- I avoid alcohol or limit it to weekends.
- I love sitting down to a meal with my family.
- I love to cook healthy meals.
- I look forward to dining out even when I am dieting.
- I love to look at my changing body in the mirror.
- I am getting slimmer every day.
Begin each day with positive affirmations and gratitude in your heart. If you allow your self a few minutes each day to reflect on all that you have to be thankful for and repeat as many affirmations as you like, there won’t be any room for negativity. As many times as needed, reaffirm your belief in yourself, by taking time out to read over and when possible repeat your affirmations aloud. It is the ammunition you need when you are dieting in the dangerous world of bad eating habits.
Tell us and our readers about your dieting successes by leaving a comment below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
1-ON-1 PHONE CONSULTATION with Karen Ficarelli