Positive affirmations are your brain’s way of redirecting your body’s energy to keep you motivated. The brain cannot see or hear it only reacts to the stimuli that you feed it. Negative affirmations like: “I am always tired” or “Why can’t I ever do anything right?” Only serve to reinforce negative energy and stand in the way of your progress. If you need help coming up with your own positive affirmations, try some of the following to get you started.
• I love to exercise.
• Exercise makes me feel good.
• Exercise is good for my heart, my lungs and my health.
• I feel healthier when I exercise.
• I look better when I exercise and it shows.
• I have more energy when I exercise.
• I am becoming stronger every day.
• My family and I are both happier when I exercise.
• I get more accomplished when I exercise.
• I look better in my clothes when I exercise.
• I sleep better because I exercise.
• My skin looks good when I exercise.
• I can handle life’s challenges when I exercise.
• My diet is easier to maintain because I exercise.
• I love to eat healthy foods.
• I will eat slowly and enjoy the taste of my food.
• My body is benefiting because I am taking charge of what I eat.
• I don’t feel guilty about eating.
• Food is not the problem.
• Food is the answer.
• I love life and want to eat healthy foods.
• The foods I eat will protect my body from disease.
• The foods I eat will give me strength.
• I no longer want to eat foods that provide empty calories.
• Before I reach for a snack I will think about what I am putting into my body.
• I will always wait 10 minutes after eating before going back for seconds.
• I am grateful for my health and want to preserve it.
• I will not be judged by the number on the scale.
• I can make a difference in my own life.
Begin each day with positive affirmations. Write them down in your fitness journal where you can see them. Repeat them to yourself in the morning before your workout and remind yourself of them before you go to bed at night. Believe in yourself, be grateful for all that you have and all that you are, a healthy positive, wonderful you!
Share your positive affirmations with us and our readers by posting a comment below: