This scrumptious dish is easy to make, yet your family will think it took you hours. Wonderful in the Fall or any time of the year. Makes 6 servings.
6 loin pork chops, fat trimmed
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 large onion, sliced
3 small apples, cored, cubed
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
2 cups light apple cider
1. Spray skillet with cooking spray (PAM).
2. Add pork chops and cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
3. Lightly spray non-stick baking pan.
4. Place pork chops and sweet potatoes on baking pan, distributing evenly.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Excellent source of protein and beta carotene. Low in fat, cholesterol, sodium and calories. Keep portion control in mind, and stay away from second helpings. If you have some leftovers, save some for a quick lunch to pack for yourself or hubby. My women’s fitness program stresses protein at every meal, so that can be an easy way to have a healthy, tasty protein source that’s already prepared.
We value your input. Please leave a comment in the space below: