For those who love pizza in the morning, you will love this breakfast sandwich. It’s quick to make and easy to take.
1 whole grain English muffin
1 tsp pesto
¼ cup low fat feta cheese
½ plum tomato, sliced
¼ cup fresh baby spinach leaves, torn
1. Toast English muffin to your desired crispness.
2. Spread pesto onto muffin halves.
3. Divide tomato slices onto muffin halves.
4. Add spinach leaves.
5. Sprinkle each half with feta cheese.
6. Bake in oven until cheese softens or serve cold.
Brimming with good for you vitamin rich ingredients. Spinach is an excellent source of iron and Vitamin A, along with pesto, which contains Vitamins A, K and E. Tomato provides the antioxidants you need as well as Vitamins C, K, and A. Feta cheese gives you a portion of protein, but you can add another serving to the sandwich or have an egg white on the side.