This dish is a real comfort food. The pasta and beans are tasty and will satisfy your hunger. This is a great meal to enjoy with family. Gather everyone at the dinner table and enjoy.
1 large eggplant, unpeeled, cubed
3 cups frozen stir-fry pepper blend
4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
3 tsp olive oil
1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Romano/Parmesan cheese for topping
8 oz whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
1. Cook eggplant, pepper blend, garlic and herbs in oil in large pan over medium heat.
2. Cover until veggies are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir in beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Serve over pasta and season with salt and pepper.
5. Prepare a nice green salad with tomatoes as an accompaniment.
Low in fat, sodium, sugar and cholesterol. A great source of protein and fiber, the beans are beneficial to good health and women’s fitness. Whole wheat pasta adds fiber and vitamins and the herbs and olive oil contain antioxidants to help protect against the effects of free radicals and toxins.
We value your opinion. Please share it with us and our readers in the comment space below: