Serve this up for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. It’s yummy good for everyone! Design your very own to please your taste buds.
4 slices whole-wheat bread (thin sliced)
4 slices low-fat cheese (Swiss)
1 medium apple, thinly sliced (Granny Smith)
2 slices ham
2 slices turkey
1 tsp butter, softened (I like to use Smart Balance with olive oil)
1. To make each sandwich
2. Layer two of the slices of bread with 1 cheese slice each.
3. Layer each with 1/2 of the apple slices.
4. Layer each with 1 slice of ham.
5. Layer each with 1 slice of turkey.
6. Add last two pieces of cheese.
7. Top with remaining slices of bread.
8. Spread top with thin layer of butter.
9. Heat grill pan over medium heat.
10. Put sandwiches in pan, buttered side down and place heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to weigh them down.
11. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
Low fat starting with the bread all the way through this great little sandwich. Low in sodium, but high in protein, try the Smart Balance as suggested to keep this low-fat lunch in the healthy zone.
Does this recipe look good to you? Share your opinion by posting a comment.
~ Karen Ficarelli
1-ON-1 PHONE CONSULTATION with Karen Ficarelli