A wonderful way to start any women’s day! My version of French toast is sure to please everyone in the family both youngsters and adults. Keep it healthy with whole wheat bread and sugar free syrup.
2 eggs or 2 egg whites
1/4 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
8 slices whole wheat bread
A handful of walnuts (crushed)
Sugar free syrup
1. Whisk eggs, milk, orange juice and cinnamon in pie plate.
2. Dip bread slices in egg mixture to coat both sides.
3. Spray skillet generously with PAM.
4. Cook over medium heat until browned, 3 minutes on each side.
5. Toast walnuts (optional).
6. Top with banana slices and warm syrup.
7. Sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
Low in fat, sodium, sugar, cholesterol and calories. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium and fiber that keep the heart healthy. A power packed food, bananas are a mainstay for a successful women’s fitness regimen. Whole wheat bread is best to use because it is higher in fiber than white bread and contains less sugar. Milk provides calcium and the eggs are a good source of protein, while the orange juice gives us that wonderful vitamin C, responsible for boosting the immune system.
Did you try this recipe? What do you think of it? Please leave a comment below: