The great thing about marinated veggies, is that you can pack them in a lunch and enjoy fresh veggies any time of day. Serve as a side dish for any meal, or break them out when guests come by for an appetizing snack that’s healthy too.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
Pepper for flavor
1 lb mushrooms, washed and stems removed
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup minced chives
2 Tbsp stevia
1. Whisk olive oil, basil, thyme, oregano, stevia, chives and pepper together in medium sized glass bowl.
2. Add mushrooms and toss gently.
3. Add onion and coat mushrooms with entire mixture.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or longer.
5. Serve chilled.
Low in calories and fat, mushrooms are a great source of potassium and selenium, an antioxidant that works to protect cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. Important for women’s fitness and health, mushrooms are nutrient dense and add flavor with very few calories.
Have you tried this recipe? Please share your thoughts with us and our readers in the comment space below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli