A great side dish with a little something added to sweeten the prize. These broccoli bites are served chilled, to bring out the full flavor.
2 lb broccoli
1 small lemon
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1/2 cup red onions
1/2 cup raisins
1. Simmer broccoli for 3 minutes, should be crisp-tender.
2. Remove from heat and put broccoli in bowl.
3. Add lemon juice, Italian dressing, onion and raisins.
4. Chill for one hour or longer.
5. Drain liquid and serve.
Low in fat, cholesterol, sodium and sugar. The raisins sweeten this dish with a natural flavor but provide antioxidants and nutrition. Broccoli provides a high amount of vitamin C, which aids iron absorption in the body, prevents the development of cataracts, and also eases the symptoms of the common cold.
The folic acid in broccoli helps women sustain normal tissue growth and is often used as a supplement when taking birth control pills and during pregnancies. For women’s fitness and health, broccoli is a winner.
Share your broccoli recipes in the comment space below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli