I just love the word salsa, it slides off the tongue so well. I also love to eat salsa, especially this recipe with two of my favorite fruits.
1 large mango, chopped
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
8 oz pineapple tidbits, fresh is best, but if you use canned, get the kind in its own juice.
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp cilantro
1. Mix above ingredients together in large glass bowl.
2. Serve over chicken or shrimp.
3. Serve over rice or beans.
4. Serve as an appetizer with whole wheat tortillas.
An excellent source of beta carotene, mangoes are sweet and refreshing. Pineapple contains the proteolytic enzyme bromelain, which helps in the digestion of protein and may help to prevent blood clots. A healthy addition to your women’s fitness and diet program.
Another wonderful salsa recipe! Tell us what you think by leaving a comment.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli