There are many factors that can cause premature aging and some of these dangers could be hiding inside your home. No matter how many anti-age creams and lotions you have, if you are guilty of succumbing to the below temptations, you may be aging yourself well beyond your years.
The top 10 major agers that present a danger to your health and beauty:
1. Nail polish—use toluene free as this solvent is poisonous to the nervous system. When chemicals such as toluene are used on nails they are absorbed into the blood stream and can cause premature aging.
2. Cigarette smoking can cause premature aging and thinning of the skin. When you smoke, you deplete your cells of oxygen, including those in your skin, this causes the skin to become dry and to age quickly.
3. High Fructose Corn Syrup has been in the news frequently regarding its abundant use verses its effect on our bodies. Substitute this sweetener for something like Trivia or Stevia.
4. Bleach—use instead baking soda and white vinegar, these natural products won’t cause respiratory problems like bleach can.
5. Insecticides are poisonous to humans as well as to the pests that they are designed to kill. If you must use them, wear protective clothing and try not to store them in your home.
6. Soap (fragrant) ph balanced only, to ensure you aren’t using harsh detergents on your body and face. For your face, purchase a cleanser that is designed to remove makeup and gently clean your skin.
7. Trans fats can be very harmful to your health and cause premature aging. Avoid foods that contain trans fats substituting foods like avocadoes that contain healthy fats.
8. Hard Liquor is especially hard on women’s health. Women who drink more than a drink or two per day risk all sorts of ailments, including premature aging. Many times the effects of alcohol can lead to other behaviors such as smoking that indeed cause the face to appear much older.
9. NPE free Detergent, which once in the sewage system is hard to remove. This chemical causes endocrine damage and causes aging by interfering with cell rejuvention.
10. Moth Balls—use cedar chips instead. Used in high concentrations to ward off moths and mold, moth balls can be dangerous to your health. It’s a pesticide and must be handled as such. Whenever possible, use cedar chips to protect your clothes from predators. The cedar has a much more pleasant aroma than the strong smell of moth balls.