A friend of mine, Janelle makes a great pork loin that will melt in your mouth. She gave me her recipe and it turns out succulent every time I cook it. If I have a large gathering, I prepare two loins and there is never any left over.
1 small garlic clove crushed
12 oz. boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
1 tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbs. honey mustard
2 tbs. water
Salt and pepper
1. Press pork loin with garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. In large skillet spray non-stick (Pam).
3. Cook on medium heat 12mins. turning half way, until juices run clear.
4. For sauce stir vinegar, honey, water and mustard add to skillet, stirring to scrape up brown bits.
5. Bring to a boil, simmer until thick.
6. Serve over pork.
7. Serve with a plain sweet potato.
Pork is super meat of protein, one serving gives you almost all the protein you need for the day. High in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. The pork loin is lean and low in fat. Antioxidants found in the garlic, Rosemary and olive oil help to protect the body from cancer-causing free-radicals. Rosemary is good for you because it reduces inflammation and has the ability to stimulate the nervous system for a calming effect.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli