Stress is so common in women’s lives that we seldom realize how much damage unhealthy levels of stress can do to our bodies. Finding ways to relieve stress are not only essential to our health but they can be very gratifying as well.
The more control over your life that you have, the less amount of stress you are likely to incur. Financial stress in particular is usually the result of not having enough money and not being able to control the financial obligations that you have.
Relationships can also be stressful. If you aren’t getting along with your spouse, family member or friend, then you probably have felt stress at one time or another because of that. Your job can be very stressful depending on what your responsibilities are. But even those jobs that are considered low-stress occupations still require communication with coworkers that can also lead to stress.
Some stress is good for us but too much can do damage to our health, particularly the heart. Our heartbeat accelerates any time we are under stress, much like during aerobics. However, when this occurs without any physical action follows, then too much cortisol is released in the body which can cause fat to accumulate in the tummy area.
Lower your unhealthy stress levels with these tips:
1. Exercise regularly. Both cardio and strength training exercises will help to relieve stress. As you know, exercise releases endorphins and helps to boost self esteem, a definite stress defeater.
2. Watch what you eat. Your diet has a big influence on how you handle stress. The lack of vitamins and nutrients can lower your resistance and increase stress levels.
3. Set fitness goals and other goals in your life. Goal setting is a great way to reduce stress in your life. Writing out your ideas and making plans for achievement will help you to visualize your goal and make it happen. Believe it to achieve it.
4. Get a good night’s sleep. Rest and rejuvenation are extremely important in ridding your mind and body of stress. 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night will help you to feel more alert and balance hormone levels, too.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli