I serve this meal regularly and my family and friends just love it. Salmon is quick and easy to make, but its rich flavor makes it taste like a professional chef just prepared it to perfection.
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
10 cloves garlic, halved or minced
(6) 4 oz. salmon steaks
3 Tbsp of honey
1 Tbsp of cinnamon
Pinch of brown sugar (optional)
1 Tbsp water / fresh basil
1. Combine soy sauce and garlic in a bag, add steaks and marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Combine honey, water and brown sugar over medium heat.
3. Remove steaks from marinade and brush mixture over the steaks and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until steaks flake.
4. Garnish with fresh basil.
5. Serve with vegetable medley.
Full of Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants, salmon is an excellent source of protein. Low in fat, low in sodium, low in cholesterol, low in calories and low in sugar. Honey is a great flavor carrier and the cinnamon not only adds flavor but several healthy benefits too. It’s good for the heart and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling that only a comfort food can offer.