An easy to prepare meal the whole family will enjoy. Cleanup time is minimal. Double your fitness fun and use your time wisely while this delicious dish is marinating. Go for a bike ride, do some crunches or take a nice long walk before you begin cooking.
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp low sodium Worcestershire sauce
(6) 4 oz chicken breast or salmon fillets
2 Tbsp Italian bread crumbs
2 Tbsp of grated low fat Romano cheese
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp tarragon
1/2 tsp basil
1. Combine lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl.
2. Pour over chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Discard marinade.
4. Mix bread crumbs and all other ingredients together and use to cover chicken on both sides.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or cook on the stove. Yummy either way.
6. I serve with sweet baked potatoes.
Chicken is a low fat source of protein. It is low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugar, low in calories. It is easily digestible and relatively inexpensive compared to other meats and seafood. The great thing about chicken is its versatility making it an easy go-to main dish.