This healthy shake is great to enjoy any time of the day. Make it and take it on the go, drink it for breakfast or enjoy it as a healthy snack. If fresh peaches aren’t in season, choose canned or frozen peaches but drain the excess syrup so it’s not too sweet.
2 fresh peaches
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 nectarine or large orange
1. In a blender combine all ingredients cover and blend
2. Gradually add ice cubes until smooth, Garnish with fresh peach or orange slices
Peaches are a great source of Beta Carotene and along with the nectarine provide an ample amount of Vitamin C. Because your body cannot store Vitamin C, it’s important to get it from the foods you eat every day. Full of antioxidants and fiber and the milk gives you the protein and calcium to make this shake very healthy, indeed.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli