No need to feel crabby, when you come home to this casserole. Assemble it the night before, then all you need to do is grab it right out of the fridge and pop it in the oven when you get home from work, school, church or gym. Serve it up with lots of veggies.
1/2 lb cooked crabmeat
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup black olives, minced
14 cup cilantro, chopped
1 medium onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
Dash of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix crab, celery, pepper, olives, cilantro, and onion in bowl.
3. Whisk egg, bread crumbs, yogurt and lemon in separate bowl.
4. Stir egg mixture into crab mixture.
5. Fold into lightly oiled casserole dish.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Gloriously low in fat, crab is a wonderful choice for your protein needs. The low-fat yogurt is full of prebiotic and probiotics, healthy bacteria, also a good source of fiber, yogurt is delicious and adds just the right stuff to pull this dish together.
Doesn’t this sound good? Post your comment below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli