Talk about a sexy, sultry, saucy way to serve up this cold-water fish. Mango sweetens up this king of the water and makes every bite a flavor-filled delight.
(6) 4 oz. halibut steaks
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 ½ cups peeled, chopped mango
¼ cup chopped sweet red pepper
½ tsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp green onions
½ cup brown sugar
1. Combine lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and pour over steaks.
2. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
3. Combine red pepper, onions, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp garlic.
4. Cook over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Remove steaks from marinade, spray pan and grill 6 minutes each side.
6. Test with fork till fish flakes.
7. Spoon mango sauce over steaks.
A nutrient dense fish, Halibut is an excellent source of protein, and contains healthy levels of Vitamin B 3 and Omega 3 fatty acids. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory and very heart healthy. Mangoes are a good source of Vitamin C and beta carotene. The complete meal is low in fat, low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugar and low in calories.