If you have wanted to try lamb but haven’t had the right recipe, try this one. It’s a delicious dish that will expand your tastes for a different meat and add variety to your menu.
(4) 5 oz. lean lamb loin chops (1 inch thick)
1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Pam cooking spray with olive oil
1. Trim fat from chops.
2. Place chops in a zip lock bag.
3. Combine apple concentrate with all ingredients, stir well.
4. Pour over chops in bag. Shake until coated.
5. Marinate 6 to 8 hours in refrigerator.
6. Remove lamb from bag and grill or bake 7 minutes each side.
7. Basting chops with marinade.
8. Serve with brown rice and favorite vegetable.
Portion control is key to keeping this dish a healthy choice. Although higher in saturated fat than most meats, lamb is an excellent source of protein. It promotes the immune system because of its high content of zinc. Also a good source of B 12, B 3, selenium and tryptophan.