A new take on the chicken sandwich. We love chicken at my house, so I’m always open to new ideas. I tried this at a ladies luncheon and then came home and made my own variety. This recipe
2 Tbs. Dijon-style mustard
1 clove of garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon thyme, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
4 chicken breasts, sliced
Any whole wheat crunchy bread
(pita, rolls, sourdough, hot and toasted)
1. Combine the 2 Tbs. mustard, thyme, and pepper.
2. Brush both sides of chicken with mustard mixture.
3. Place chicken on grill for best flavor, cook through.
4. To serve, thinly slice chicken, place on bread of choice.
5. If desired add lettuce, tomato, onion, and additional mustard.
Low in saturated fat, sodium, cholesterol and sugar. The chicken is a great source of protein and tastes great when grilled. Slice it thin and it will melt in your mouth. Garlic and thyme are full of antioxidants and add a nice flavor to the chicken.